1.5.3s: /dev/clipboard does not work for non-cygwin programs

chris caj@cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Aug 27 16:14:00 GMT 2003

Rolf Campbell wrote:

> $ ipconfig > /dev/clipboard
> $ ipconfig | cat > /dev/clipboard
>

> The first command does *nothing* to the content of the clipboard.
> The 2nd command does what I expected the first command to do.

Unfortunatly under windows it is up to the application to handle things
like | , > , etc. therefore I don't think this could ever be supported.

Some applications I've found don't even seem to support the |, but you
can still usually get around that by using echo `clipboard `
 >/dev/clipboard.

Chris