Terminate batch job at logout?

Vince Hoffman Vince.Hoffman@uk.circle.com
Thu Aug 28 14:31:00 GMT 2003

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 waxmop@sarcastic-horse.com wrote:
>
> > Hi -
> >
> > I've been using cygwin for a day now, and every time I plan
> to exit out of
> > the shell, I get asked, "Terminate batch job (Y/N)?"
> >
> > I'm not sure what this is referring to.
> > Any ideas?

its refering to the batch file that the shortcut from the cygwin install
calls.

> This happens if you press Ctrl-C during the execution of bash.  See
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-07/msg01565.html>,
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg01192.html>, and
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg01196.html> for possible
> solutions.  Be aware that at least the first one ("tty") will
> have other
> side effects that should be carefully considered.
> 	Igor

You missed out the options of either using rxvt instead of the default
cygwin shortcut (search the archives for details) or just changing the
shortcut to be a shortcut to
c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -i
making sure it starts in c:\cygwin\bin

(changing paths to where you have cygwin installed obviously)