Rookie question about cygwin, stdout and windowsXP

Roberto Bernetti r.bernetti@mm.univpm.it
Wed Dec 3 10:29:00 GMT 2003

Hi
I hope this is the right place to post this problem.
I'm working under SUSE Linux 8.0 and I shoud run a my program on some PCs
running WinNT4.0 and windowsXP.
So I installed cygwin on my desktop (with dual boot) running winNT 4.0 SP6.
The compiler used is g77. I make the program using the same make file and
sources used for SUSE linux with no modification. On my desktop all appeared
to work in the same manner as it worked under linux.
I run the program under an MSDOS prompt windows.
The program simply ask for an input file and then make some analysis,
somethings like this:

C:\>crf

   ----  acosys $Name:$ ----

                    Inserire il jobname ==>test
C:\>

I zipped the excutable file, the DLL cygwin1.dll and the input file together
and then expanded them in a test directory of the WinNT 4.0 SP6 PC, in which
there is no cygwin installed, and all appear to work fine.
Then I came to a WindowsXP PC, in which there is no cygwin installed,
expanding the file in a test directory.
There after launching the program nothing appear on the stdout on the MSDOS
prompt windows, and the program immideatly exited.
Any clue will be welcomed. Thanks in advance

--
Roberto Bernetti
Università Politecnica delle Marche