how do I use two versions of cygwin on one machine?

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Wed Dec 3 16:29:00 GMT 2003

At 04:46 AM 12/3/2003, Fery you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I ask just to make it clear. I have the same situation as Jim: I use a
>cross-compiler which has its own cygwin1.dll in its bin directory. So,
>if everything goes OK, I simply can delete the cygwin1.dll from its
>directory, and let it use my main cygwin installation's cygwin1.dll?

Yes.  Delete all cygwin1.dlls on your system other than the one installed
by any recent run of setup.  If you have any other DLLs named cygwin*.dll
on your system, delete those too.

Holliston, MA 01746