setup hangs when installing keychain

Karl M karlm30@hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:43:00 GMT 2003

Hi All...

Thanks Igor. I looked at /var/log/setup.log.full and saw that it failing to
write to /usr/share/doc/keychain-2.0.3/ChangeLog. The directory had no write
permission for the owner (administrator).

I have never touched this directory, so I don't know how the permissions got
broken. Looking around, I also saw some other directories with dxrxrxr (no
w). I don't know where they are getting it from, perhaps postinstall
scripts?

I don't know why this would make setup go to 100% CPU and start eating
memory.

Thanks,

...Karl