vtable with snapshot >=20031123
Axel Naumann
axel-naumann@gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 05:32:00 GMT 2003
Hi,
I ran into a problem with gcc 3.3.1, cygwin snapshots>=20031123 (at
least, probably also earlier versions). The binary built from the
attached sources (with vtbllib.hpp's INLINE_CTOR defined) coredumps. It
seems that the vtable is invalid, probably because a class's vtable is
created for each translation unit (it only crashes if the c'tor is
inlined; #undef INLINE_CTOR fixes vtbl.exe).
This did not happen with earlier versions of cygwin (1.4*); as far as I
can remember even gcc 3.3.1 with cygwin 1.4* worked. This is why I
believe it's a cygwin problem, not a gcc problem - but I'm really just
guessing.
Could you tell me if you can reproduce this, and whether it's cygwin or
gcc or me? If you need more info on my system please let me know (in
general: everything up to date, yesterday's cygwin setup.exe
installation except for the cygwin snapshot).
Axel.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: vtbl_inline.tar.gz
Type: application/gzip
Size: 810 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20031213/6c815f26/attachment.gz>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list