[ADMINISTRIVIA] New mailing list feature to force Reply-To

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Tue Dec 16 03:20:00 GMT 2003


On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 08:11:15PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I've made good my threat and implemented a new feature exclusively for
>the cygwin mailing list.
>
>If you send email to "cygwin-set-reply-to-subscribe@cygwin.com", then
>the mailing list software should set the reply-to to the same value
>as your from address whenever you send email to the cygwin mailing list.
>
>I've also added an X-IsSubscribed field to the header of any message
>that comes from an address that is recognized as being subscribed.  You
>can use this to determine whether to cc someone or just send email to
>the list.
>
>All of this is pretty experimental.  I'll be monitoring the mailing
>lists closely to make sure that I haven't screwed anything up.

Oh well.  I obviously screwed up.  The spam is coming in and the subscribe
option doesn't work.  I sent the email above prematurely.

Hang on.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list