Third-party products that include Cygwin

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 16 03:59:00 GMT 2003

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 08:26:34PM +0100, Hannu E K Nevalainen wrote:
> > > Well, no one knows everything. :-)
> >
> >  I've also noted: The more you learn, the more you know that you don't know.
> > (Is that correct/good English? Feels bad to me in some way).
>
> I think that's fine English, though I think the more popular way to say it is
> "The more you learn, the less you know!" Your way actually might be more
> technically correct.

It's all very simple really.  The message is that there are known knowns - there
are things that we know that we know. There are known unknowns - that is to say,
there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown
unknowns - there are things we do not know we don't know. And each year we
discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.

;-) http://www.timble.me.uk/funny/rumsfeld.html

--
Gary R. Van Sickle