[OT] RE: Third-party products that include cygwin

Hannu E K Nevalainen garbage_collector@telia.com
Tue Dec 16 22:10:00 GMT 2003

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 11:39:25AM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >I feel your pain, but there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel.
> >I have Outlook Express 5 installed on my machine (though I don't use it),
> >and I've poked around a bit.  Try going to the Tools->Accounts menu from
> >the main window, and adding a "Mail" account.  Once you add it, select it
> >and click on "Properties".  One of the options there is the "Reply
> >address" (which looks like what you want).  HTH anyone who is forced to
> >use Outaluck^H^H^H^H^Hlook (boy, am I glad I'm not).

Ahh..! The above lead me to it! Thanks Igor.

Outlook 2000:
 Tools->Accounts->Mail (tab)->(Choose account)->Properties->Reply Address

 Note here that "Outlook Express" and "Outlook" are two different things.
The latter is a "professional" thing containing a Calendar, Contacts, Email,
News, Journal, Notes and Tasks just to quote "folder list". I'm not that
keen on investigating the hidden features.

ken.thompson at xxxx.xxxxxx.edu pointed this out in personal email:
> When composing a mail message, select Options from the View menu.
> Under Deliver Options check Have replies sent to: and enter the
> e-mail address you wish to have replies sent to. This should do the trick.
>
> 	Ken
Which of course works for sending single mail...

So obviously we're not out of options...

 Now all I wish for is a per-folder setting for this. ;-7
(I'm never satisfied, am I ;-). A folder contains sorted email, I use
different folders for each email list I'm reading)

Also, thanks to those who "helped" getting things right in English. "The
more you learn, the less you know" seems to be the 'usual' way :-)

Though I'm late to it:  I would appreciate it tremendously :-)

 The other ideas I read about in the "ADMINISTRIVIA" and "META" marked
threads seems as good ideas - some even better than the above. Great
thinking Chris!

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59+16.37'N, 17+12.60'E

** on a mailing list; please keep replies on that particular list **

-- printf("LocalTime: UTC+%02d\n",(DST)? 2:1); --
--END OF MESSAGE--