bash.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap

Kimberlie S rcv@skandissystems.com
Fri Dec 19 07:25:00 GMT 2003

I downloaded the recent cygwin package but am getting an error on bash and
cygpath.  I tried using rebase (suggested by Jason Tishler  in his email
dated Tue, 02 Dec 2003) but just get an error message saying that bash is
not rebaseable.

Btw, this only occurs if I use setup.exe to install cygwin & bash on Windows
2003.  I don't have this problem if I just copy the cygwin files to another
machine, s.a., Windows 2000.  However, even after uninstalling the cygwin
package using setup.exe from the Windows 2003 machine and then just copying
the cygwin files back to the Windows 2003 still does not correct the
problem:(  Any other suggestions?

Error Messages:

D:\WINNTJS\Profiles\kskandis.000>bash
AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x61560000, RegionSize 0x210000, State
0x10000
f:\root\bin\bash.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32
error
0

D:\WINNTJS\Profiles\kskandis.000>cygpath
AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x61560000, RegionSize 0x210000, State
0x10000
f:\root\bin\cygpath.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32
err
or 0

Kimberlie