Unable to compile cygwin

Gabriel SOUBIES gabriel.soubies@thales-is.com
Tue Dec 23 17:23:00 GMT 2003

I am still not able to build Cygwin from the latest CVS sources...
But anyway, that's only a part of the problem. My boss wants to be sure
there is no malicious code in the Cygwin distribution I use.
So he's telling me to rebuild it from scratch from the CVS sources.
His logic is that since we can look into the sources and check that there is
no malicious code in it, if we build a version from these sources, we can
assume they contain no trojan or whatever.
But if I understood correctly, I must use Cygwin to rebuild the sources.
When I told him that, he went all mad and told me that he could not trust my
version of Cygwin to rebuild these sources, since it could 'insert'
malicious code without us knowing it even though the sources are perfectly
clean.
So my question is: Is it possible to rebuild Cygwin without Cygwin?