Great product.

Ben Clewett B.Clewett@roadrunner.uk.com
Wed Dec 24 14:14:00 GMT 2003

I have just loaded a fresh copy of CygWin onto a new machine, and found
the 'startxdmcp.bat' batch script.  After five minutes fiddling with a
local SuSE box, I got my KDE Window Manager to display absolutely
bit-perfect on my Windows box.  No fuss, no messing, it just works,
perfectly.  I would like to congratulate any persons involved.

The only issue I have is that when I use the local CygWin, eg,
displaying a local xterm, it messes the KDE Window Manager up.  Calls
after this will fail:

Connection to "host:0" rejected.

Or something like this.  If I enter 'xterm +' into the local CygWin it
fixs the problem, accept that KDE now opens windows on my Windows
desktop, and not within it's own Windows Manager.

This is not a problem, as the windows still show bit-perfect, and having
them in the Windows task-bar rather than the KDE task-bar is in some
ways better.  (Although only in the first of my twin-head graphics card. :)

But I would like to control whether CygWin opens windows within the
X-Windows Manager or within MS-Windows?  Can any person suggest a
mechanism to complete this?

Thanks again for a great product.

Ben Clewett.