Please try the latest snapshot -- it is close to cygwin 1.5.6

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Fri Dec 26 20:48:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 05:37:36PM +0100, Philippe Torche wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>The subject says it all.
>>
>>I'm hoping to release cygwin 1.5.6 shortly after Christmas.
>
>I've tested it (CVS version 12:35 GMT + 1) on our 4 Xeon on W2003S and
>unfortunately my previous test case (run_t.sh and t.sh) always fails.

Let me be extremely clear about this again: I don't have a 4 Xeon
processor running W2003S.  I will not be able to test this and I,
frankly, don't care much about this corner case -- especially if it is
not a regression from previous releases.

So, if you were just reporting this as a data point, then thanks.  If
you are expecting me to do something about it, then, you will,
unfortunately, be disappointed.

>The test suite runs soon happily (except now 3 cases) with my Athlon on
>WinXP, and I'm preparing to run it tomorrow on our 4 Xeon.

I think I will have to give a gold star to the person who figures out
why those three cases are "failing".  It really isn't that hard.