DLL and external symbols

Jani Tiainen jani.tiainen@keypro.fi
Tue Dec 30 22:46:00 GMT 2003


Hi,

I'm sure that this has been answered several times, but I'll ask again 
because couldn't find any solution by myself.

I would like to build DLL (or any other sort of library) that refers to 
external symbols in main application.

So far I have been able to build non-working constructs. =)

Let's say that I've two files:

main.c:

#include <stdio.h>

extern void funcInMyLib(int);

void funcInMain(int i)
{
	printf("funcInMain(%ld)\n", i);
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
	funcInMyLib(1);
	return 0;
}

and second file (library)

mylib.c:
extern void funcInMain(int);

void funcInMyLib(int i)
{
	printf("Calling back...");
	funcInMain(i + 1);
}

--------

Now how I can get this working, or is it possible at all?

With .DEF files I can get things compiled and linked, but even program 
crashes at startup, or end up requesting "main.exp.dll".


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list