/usr/bin/tar: Archive value 88578 is out of uid_t range 0..65535
Gary R. Van Sickle
g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 1 13:07:00 GMT 2003
> I use the cpan shell to install Perl modules, but I often get the
> error messages like
>
> /usr/bin/tar: Archive value 88578 is out of uid_t range 0..65535
>
> and tar ends with a non-zero exit status so the module won't
> install. How can I get around this? Are there any plans of
> supporting higher uids than 65535 in Cygwin?
>
If I'm not mistaken, there's actually work about to begin on exactly that
shortly.
> Peter
>
> --
> I wish dialog boxes had a butten saying "Whatever". I hate being
> forced to answer "Yes" or "No" to a question I have no opinion on
> whatsoever. There ought to be a button matching my indifference.
Hehehhee, that's going in Setup! ;-)
--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer. Patriot.
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list