Setup hangs repetedly

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Sun Feb 2 00:13:00 GMT 2003

Wayne,

Now, now.

It's true Cygwin has improved immensely in the past six years or so,
but it was useful even back then. I started using it in 1997 (beginning
about a week after I first had to use Windows for development) and it
was indispensable, even if not entirely mature. I tried MKS, but even
if you ignored its very slow terminal / console I/O, I could not
conceivably deemed it worth what it costs when Cygwin (whose name was
different then, I think) was available free.

Randall Schulz