missing make

Elfyn McBratney elfyn-cygwin@exposure.org.uk
Sun Feb 2 20:46:00 GMT 2003

> what you suggest doesn't work and I've also tried to reinstall ALL
> the packages..... the file "make.exe" still misses in my bin
> directory...... :-(
>
> does anybody know why?
>
> I'm posting the output of the "cygcheck -svr" command....... be patient
;-)
> Package             Version
> ash                 20020731-1
> bash                2.05b-2
> cygwin              1.3.12-2
> [...]
> login               1.4-3
> ncurses             5.2-8
> readline            4.3-1
> [...]

No make there.

Ok, follow these steps and report back with your progress:

1. Run these commands from a cygwin shell

$ which make
$ ls -al /bin/make

2. If the above doesn't find make return to setup and click through to the
package selection chooser. Click on the Devel tree and click on make's
version info bit (that either says keep,install,re-install,source) untill it
says re-install or install whichever it may be.

3. Run these again...after setup finishes

$ which make
$ ls -al /bin/make

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney