bash & $PS1 (display error)

Carlo Florendo carlo@astra.ph
Mon Feb 3 02:14:00 GMT 2003

> Sorry to but-in :-)
>
> Now, I havent't been following this thread *bad me* but is the problem
that
> once you've typed say over 60 characters on the prompt it then starts
> overwritting the prompt instead of carrying onto the next line?
>
> If not, Sorry for buttin-in...I'll but-out now ;-)
>

> Regards,
>
> Elfyn McBratney
> elfyn@exposure.org.uk
> www.exposure.org.uk

I've had the problem of prompt overwriting but it really didn't bother me
since I know the commands are there but they just don't appear.

When I execute the same command some another time by using the arrow keys to
scroll through previous commands I've typed, the prompt gets overwritten
too.

What may be the cause of the problem?

Thanks!

Regards,