Strange new behavior...

Brian J. Ackermann brianj774@gmx.net
Wed Feb 5 14:28:00 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I've been running cygwin now for nearly three years, and I've very
recently run into a very strange little problem.

When starting cygwin now, I have a new username 't-ow' (this is not what
I login to win2000 as which is 'BrianA'), and my 'home' directory
appears to be 'C\:'

I've searched the archives and didn't come up with anything.
I've uninstalled and re-installed several times, from multiple download
sources(just the default packages, for simplicity's sake).

Nothing changes this strange behavior.  I am not aware of 'doing'
anything to make this change happen.  It started immediately after I ran
setup.exe and updated my entire installation (the entire tree).

Any ideas out there?

I'm sure my install is USABLE, but I would really be happier if
everything was working properly...

Thanks,

Brian