Bug found - 'cygpath' v1.25/Build Date Jan 23, 2003...

Brian McColgan b_mccolgan@hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 20:42:00 GMT 2003


Hope I am doing this 'bug submission' correclty, I noticed many other issues 
relating to 'cygpath' so this _may_ be an overlap.

Running the following cygpath command (for the aforementioned build) gives 
me a 'core dump':

'cygpath --path --windows 
/usr/ant/lib/xml-apis.jar:/usr/ant/lib/xercesImpl.jar:/usr/ant/lib/optional.jar:/usr/ant/lib/ant.jar:.:/usr/local/jmf/JMF21~1.1/lib/sound.jar:/usr/local/jmf/JMF21~1.1/lib/jmf.jar:/c/WINDOWS/java/classes:/usr/junit/junit.jar
java/lib/tools.jar'

This is actually the '$LOCALCLASSPATH' computed by the $ANT_HOME/ant shell 
script (it is asking Cygwin to convert it _back_ to a Window's path).  
Unfortunately, I receive a SIGNAL(11) and the entire ant shell script dies a 
horrible death.

I have included the core file which cygpath kindly generated.  BTW, I d/l'd 
the previous version (it actually indicates the same version except the 
build date was/is Dec 25, 2002) and this same 'cygpath' command works just 
fine!  So I am a little miffed.

Please let me know if you have problems re-creating.  I can if necessary 
install the Cygwin source and debug it myself.  NOTE: I consider this a 
SHOW-STOPPER as it currently breaks 1.5.1 of Ant.

Thanks again,
Brian.




_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: cygpath.exe.stackdump
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20030205/36cb4d9e/attachment.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/


More information about the Cygwin mailing list