NFS (was: The cygwin mailing lists are...)

Rui Carmo rui.carmo@accao.net
Sat Feb 8 13:09:00 GMT 2003


Erm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an NFS client have to 
manipulate mount points as well?

I can see that working for Cygwin binaries (since everything related to 
the filesystem namespace goes through Cygwin), but it wouldn't work for 
Win32 binaries, since it's not a full network redirector (in the Win32 
subsystem parlance, IIRC).

Still, It's interesting to ponder. I understand the Sun RPC stuff works 
now, right?

R.

On Sexta, Fev 7, 2003, at 23:12 Europe/Lisbon, Robb, Sam wrote:

>>> P.S.: anyone know of a good (free) NFS client for Windows XP, btw?
>>> That's the only thing he's missing so far.
>
> I have to point out that all I'm working on right now is the
> server end of things.  If you know of an existing NFS client,
> though, you might be able to get it working under cygwin now.
>
> -Samrobb
>
> --
> Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list