ncurses softkeys (slk) don't display correctly

Brian Minton bminton@efn.org
Mon Feb 10 05:52:00 GMT 2003

I am using CYGWIN_95-4.0 mintons 1.3.19(0.71/3/2) 2003-01-23 21:31 i586
unknown unknown Cygwin, with ncurses default version, and I tried to run
a program that I compiled with ncurses.  I didn't have any build
problems, but the program uses the ncurses soft keys feature (slk_init,
slk_reset, etc.) and it does not display properly.  I am using
slk_init(3) which makes soft keys with an extra line of explanation for
what key does what.  If you are interested, I have attached a screen
shot and the code in question.

thanks,
Brian