using fetchmail in mutt under cygwin

Ajay Simha asimha@cisco.com
Wed Feb 12 06:01:00 GMT 2003

On Tue Feb 11 16:07:21 2003, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Ajay,
>
> Please post instead of sending private email.

Thanks for replying. Ok.. Keeping the group in CC list....

> On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 01:09:49AM -0500, Ajay Simha wrote:
> > I read your README file.
> > First of, it is an excellent document.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > I am still confused what my mutt setting should be for pop3..
>
> Why not read the mutt manual?
>
>     http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/
>
> But, if you are going to use fetchmail/procmail to retrieve your mail,
> why do you need to mess with mutt's pop settings?  Sounds like trouble
> to me.

I have dropped the idea of pop3 config in muttrc.

> > Also I'm using a vpn client. So.. if I install fetchmail as an NT
> > service what may be the repurcussions?
>
> None, except for some expected connection failures in your fetchmail log
> file when not VPN-ed.  Note that I do this all of the time with my
> laptop.  I even get the extra bonus of perverse pleasure when my
> co-workers complain about Outlook.  Sorry for the digression, but I
> couldn't resist... ;,)

I have had trying outlook rearrange my inbox (imap) so... I don't want to get started on this topic :-)

My current problem is this:

$ procmail VERBOSE=yes .procmailrc < testmail
procmail: [3936] Wed Feb 12 00:39:58 2003
procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/home/asimha/.procmailrc"
procmail: Couldn't read "/home/asimha/.procmailrc"
procmail: Locking "/var/spool/mail/asimha.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/spool/mail/asimha"
procmail: Opening "/var/spool/mail/asimha"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: [3936] Wed Feb 12 00:39:59 2003
procmail: Unlocking "/var/spool/mail/asimha.lock"
>From asimha@cisco.com Wed Feb 12 00:33:36 2003
 Subject: test for procmail
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/asimha

I tried various things including the chmod 644 that you had suggested on the mailing list but
nothing has worked.

If I can get fetchmail/procmail working. My setup will rock.

Thanks,

-ajay