Big Problem about keyboard/mapping

Ismael Valladolid Torres ismaeval@terra.es
Fri Feb 14 14:09:00 GMT 2003

El viernes 14 de febrero de 2003 a las 11:57:04, riku@titanix.d2g.com escribió:
> So i need to make keyboard to work on hp-ux via x instance.. (this
> charters äöå) cygwin as Xserver..

I run cygwin X server in my local machine. However all my work is done
connecting to a Linux server with xdm configured so I can query it
when starting X.

XWin -emulate3buttons 100 -query debian

My spanish keyboard doesn't work unless I manually load an .xmodmap
while logging on the Linux server. Get an .xmodmap file for your
keyboard and insert a line like this in your .xsession before loading
the window manager.

/usr/bin/X11/xmodmap ~/.xmodmap

Seems like xmodmap must run in the machine running the X session
manager, not in the machine running the X server. At least according
to my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Ismael
--
Eats more CPU time than a small CPU-time-eating animal.