Bash shell

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) lhall@rfk.com
Fri Feb 14 20:14:00 GMT 2003

Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Hello, Fellow Curmudgeons,
>
> I think we're really getting the tag-team meanness down to a fine art,
> aren't we?
>
> Or is it "good cop / bad cop?"
>
> It has recently come to my attention that some people think the Cygwin
> list is exceptionally unfriendly to the uninitiated. Of course, I'd just
> like to think we hold a higher standard.

Here, here! :-)  I should point out that there are all kinds of opinions
out there.  While some might feel this list is unfriendly, others think
the reverse is the case.  I just had some email today from someone new
who posted to the list and wanted to send my response onto other lists
as an example of a "professional" response.  I'm sure the fact that this
person chose my response is completely coincidental.  There are certainly
lots of examples of great, friendly help from this list.  I see it
everyday.

I don't want to start a flame war on this subject but I just thought this
was an opportunity for me to pass on some positive feedback to all those
who take some of their own time to provide support to this community.