[Problem] mempcpy is missing? (FAQ alert)

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sat Feb 15 23:35:00 GMT 2003


Christopher Faylor wrote:

> 
> Of course we're going to fix cygwin.  I just checked in a fix.  While I
> assume this will probably be the end of it since no one will go to the
> effort of trying to fix libintl's configury and, if they did, there
> would probably be no official response anyway, the complete and correct
> fix is to modify libintl.  Then people using cygwin 1.3.10 - 1.3.20
> could benefit too.

No, I'm going to fix gettext, thankyouverymuch.  the thing that scares 
me, is I like to keep gettext, in particular, synced up with the 
official version.  the reason is because gettextize is used to install 
the actual source code into a target package.  By changing the code on 
cygwin, anyone maintaining a package on cygwin will generate different 
dist tarballs than if they were maintaining it on linux.  Badness.

So, I dunno if I should fold the change into our distribution and then 
push it to Bruno, or push it to Bruno and simply update cygwin's version 
when Bruno releases 0.11.6

--Chuck



--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list