Why the rash of people bypassing setup.exe to install?

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Sun Feb 16 00:03:00 GMT 2003

On 15 Feb 2003, Robert Collins wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 08:23, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > >  Or have
> > >web crawlers changed such that this doesn't work anymore?
> >
> > I'll try that.  Thanks.
>
> I wouldn't: google actively lowers your page ranking when it sees such
> garbage.

Where, exactly, did you read this (a link to some doc would be
enightening)?  I see nothing about this in Googles documentation of Page
Ranking.  And, google isn't the only search engine out there.  I'd think
you'd want to try and get as much exposure as possible in as many engines
as possible.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>