kudos!

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Sun Feb 16 11:10:00 GMT 2003


Gary,

At 22:17 2003-02-15, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>You know, I've been 'round these parts for a long time now, and I recall very
>few instances of the "Cygwin sucks" type of messages you 
>describe.  Like one guy
>in fact.  Yeah, I know it's meant in jest, but lordy, learn how to take a
>compliment guys, sheesh.

Then your memory is faulty. Too much fruit of the brewery? Posts of 
which mine was a caricature are a regular feature. Evidently Chris 
thought so, too. I reviewed a few samples of the genre to get ideas on 
how to compose my own feeble attempt at humor.

And I take exactly none of the compliment or gratitude as accruing to 
my benefit, so perhaps it was out of line for me to write what I did, 
but it was meant strictly as humor.


>...
>
>At the risk of yet another torrent of sarcasm, I fully concur with 
>Alec. Cygwin ROCKS THE CASBAH!

I sure hope I haven't given the impression that I feel otherwise. I 
talk Cygwin up a lot outside this forum.


>Warts and all.  Everybody involved should be proud of what's been done 
>here.  In my work alone, you've directly contributed to saving untold 
>numbers of lives (we build heart diagnostic equipment).  Lord knows 
>what other great things Cygwin is enabling around the world.

And the warts themselves become ever fewer and more negligible.


>--
>Gary R. Van Sickle
>Brewer.  Patriot.


Randall Schulz  


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list