How to make dos windows bring up BASH automatically

Steve beforew@eskimo.com
Sun Feb 16 19:16:00 GMT 2003

Max Bowsher wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>>Max Bowsher wrote:

>>>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>>Please explain what you mean by this.

>>Well right now I can bring up dos and type "bash" to get bash in that
>>window.
>>
>>I would like not to have to type "bash".
>>
>>I would like to bring up a dos window and have bash already be there
>>as if I typed bash.
>

> How about the Cygwin shortcut on your desktop or start menu?

I use that.

I also still use Explorer. I have some powertools/wintoys set up so that

  I can click on any folder in explorer and pull up a dos window that is
initialized in that directory.  When I type "bash" and get bash in these
dos windows it is also initialized in that directory.  I would like to
sharpen this convenience further by not having to type "bash" in such
situations

Steve