size limit for static arrays in cygwin/gcc

Danny Smith danny_r_smith_2001@yahoo.co.nz
Sun Feb 16 21:44:00 GMT 2003

"Charles D. Russell" <worwor at bellsouth dot net> wrote:

>    Meanwhile, I am trying to find an equivalent problem in C so that it will
> get more attention.  Unfortunately, I don't know much C.  The subsequent
> program fails with a segmentation violation if one tries to allocate more
> than a few Mb of memory on either my old or my new system.  Why?  What limit
> am I bumping into?

By default stack reserve is set to 2MB by ld.exe.  Try setting stack reserve
higher, eg,
 -Wl,--stack=0x2000000
will get you 32MB stack reserve

Danny

- Exchange IMs with Messenger friends on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile phone.