[Problem] mempcpy is missing? (FAQ alert)

Ben Clewett B.Clewett@roadrunner.uk.com
Tue Feb 18 11:12:00 GMT 2003

CygWin,

I need to have two copies of CygWin running.  Really I do!  The default
one in c:\cygwin and another very cutdown version running from
c:\Progra~1\my_public_app.

If it makes things easier, the second is a bespoke and does not need to
see the OS outside it's installed directory, or run stuff I have not
personally configured for it.  It just needs a new /root directory really.

I belive the two things needed are a method to avoid conflicts of
different cygwin.dll versions being seen, by control of the PATH
variable maybe?

And setting up of the /root directoy and mount points with respect to
each version.  I can see the mount points in the registry:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Mounts v2\

Not sure how to get my bespoke cygwin to use it's own bespoke  /root.

Can you please let me know how I may progress from here?

Thanks, Ben Clewett.