Duplicate CygWin

Ben Clewett B.Clewett@roadrunner.uk.com
Tue Feb 18 12:56:00 GMT 2003

(Sorry about incorrect subject on first posting)

Noting:-  It's not a cut down version of CygWin*.DLL I need, but a cut
down version of the file system, to just a couple of dozen files in
/bin, /tmp, /usr and /etc, forming a 'mini' UNIX for a specific application.

Just been scanning the postings quickly.  My knowlage of the internals
of CygWin are vauge, but are you saying it's impossible to have two
sideways compatable versions of CygWin installed, as any detected
version miss-match (likelly) will drop the code?

And there is no way of controling CygWin so that it uses only a specific
.dll?  (ie, using the PATH variable or something...)

My other need, to have a separate /root directory for each runnin
Cygwin, I can't see anything on that.

If this is not possible, would it be too hard to put some hack into the
.dll to, say, read an environment variable for it's root, before the
usual registry search?

Regards,

Ben