Duplicate CygWin

Ben Clewett B.Clewett@roadrunner.uk.com
Tue Feb 18 15:55:00 GMT 2003

BTW, love the coloured man pages on CygWin.

Like launching app as:

bash chroot /cygdrive/c/progra~1/my_stuff application.exe

(Or something similar, not tested this...)

For my working, I would need a fully detached CygWin.  It's own memory,
it's own DLL, and not a dependence on an existing installation, which
this method would have.

This is because I will be using Install Sheild to load and run an entire
application, which is compiled under CygWin, onto a foreign machine,
which may be of any setup including an old, badly setup, hached and
conflicting CygWin...  Also then the 'Add/Remove Software' can rid the
foreign OS of my stuff, without deleting the CygWin which is being used
by my poor customer.

I do not need this for about six months, so will give me plenty of time
to have a good hack and get to know CygWin a lot better....

Ben