Username with space in it

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Tue Feb 18 16:10:00 GMT 2003

David,

Two other things:

1) Remember that your /etc/passwd is non-standard and re-apply the
manual changes whenever you regenerate your password file with
"mkpasswd". An auxiliary copy might help--it can be diff-ed against a
newly generated.

2) Change the user name, too. I replace spaces with underscores. It can
help with programs that parse the output of "ls -l" or any other
program that includes user names.

Randall Schulz