error with ARM cross-compiler assembler

Benjamin Lee benjaminlee008@yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 22 07:03:00 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I got a problem with the ARM cross-compiler assembler
arm-elf-as.  I've built the arm-elf-as for ARM
assembler but every time I tried to use the asembler
to compile on an assembly file, it gives me sth like
this:

main_init.s:17: Error: Rest of line ignored. First
ignored character is `*'.
main_init.s:19: Error: bad instruction `header Files'
main_init.s:21: Error: bad instruction `get
hw_cdmap.a'

The assembly code should be fine in the file as I can
use ARMASM (the assembler compiler for ARM) to compile
it without any trouble.

So I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what the
problem could be?

Thx a lot,

Ben