Cygwin crashes on .Net Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabled

Markus Schönhaber mks99@t-online.de
Mon Feb 24 22:13:00 GMT 2003

Christoph Hense wrote:
> I try to use cygwin on a .Net Server 2003 RC2 with Terminal Services
> enabled.
>
> However none of the cygwin tools work.
>
> All of the commands like ls, ps, pwd just return tons of error messages.
>
> If I deinstall the Terminal Services cygwin runs o.k.
> I am also able to run cygwin on a Windows 2000 Server with Terminal Services
> enabled.
>
> I uses Cygwin 1.3.20-1.
>
> For instance if I run pwd on a command line I get:
>
> 27308584 [unknown (0x878)] ? 2164 handle_exceptions: Error while dumping
> state (probably corrupted stack)
> 27312569  ....
>
> (same message repeating over and over with different numbers at the
> beginning).
>

> Does anyone have any idea?

cygwin works like a charm on my .NET Standard Server 2003 RC2 with remote
desktop enabled. I have not enabled the "real" terminal services though,
since I don't run the machine as an application server, and with remote
desktop I can have (at least) two concurrent RDP sessions - which is
enough for my needs.

Regards
   mks