file name case sensitivity

John Williams jwilliams@itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 26 09:49:00 GMT 2003


Shankar Unni wrote:
> Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> 
>> Yes, but in my opinion it could be of use to John Williams because he 
>> wanted to "case sensitivity in filenames under Cygwin".
> 
> 
> No, it won't work, because if you remember, he said that he had files 
> with the same name but different case *in the same directory*.  

That's correct.  I tried the check_case hack and it only goes halfway to 
what I need.

> uClinux will have to be patched for cygwin support. John: time to start 
> your first set of "unofficial cygwin patches" for uClinux.

I suppose you are right.  I haven't even got the port up and running 
yet, so the last thing I feel like doing right now is creating another 
parallel branch in the source tree.  I'm basically going to ignore this 
problem for as long as I can, I've got much bigger fish to fry right now.

Thanks,

John



--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list