sh crashes when executing msgfmt

Andreas Madritsch amadritsch@datacomm.ch
Thu Feb 27 04:24:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:
 > On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:21:15PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
 >
 >>Andreas Madritsch wrote:

 >>>The following script crashes, when executed from the cygwin bash
 >>>shell:
 >>>
 >>>**********************************
 >>>#! /bin/sh
 >>>
 >>>msgfmt
 >>>**********************************
 >>>
 >>>Is it that, what you mean by simpple test case?
 >>
 >>Works for me. This looks like one of those strange problems that only
appear
 >>on one machine.
 >

 > Either that or it is one of those strange problems where people differ on
 > the meaning of a word.  For instance, I suspect that the above may be
 > "crashing" with an error like:
 >
 > msgfmt: not found

No, but msgfmt.exe of my djgpp installation has been taken, because
msgfmt.exe of cygwin has not been found. I made sure, that msgfmt.exe
is located in c:/cygwin/usr/bin and that /usr/bin is in the path
variable. An ls from the bash shell in /usr/bin results in a different
files than I see from Windows Explorer.

Andreas