Printing from cygwin?

Rick Rankin rick_rankin@yahoo.com
Fri Feb 28 02:21:00 GMT 2003


Do you know for sure which lpr you're using? Win2K has one in
C:\WINNT\system32.

--Rick
--- Charles Krug <charles@pentek.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble with cygwin lpr printing to my default Win2k printer.
> A search of the archives revealed many mailings from people who
> similarly could not print using the cygwin lpr, but I couldn't find any
> stories of "success."
> 
> I invoke:
> 
> lpr -P\\\\server\\printer file
> 
> Printer is considered by Win2k to be a network printer.
> 
> Regardless of the type of file I send, I get the same error reported by
> lpr from (apparantly) Win2k about "incorrect datatype."
> 
> 
> 
> --
> Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
> 


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list