mem allocation / heap_chunk

Fabrice Marchal fmarchal@inf.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 28 16:49:00 GMT 2003


Max Bowsher wrote:

>Fabrice Marchal wrote:
>  
>
>>Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Fabrice Marchal wrote:
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>Randall R Schulz wrote:
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>>>Fabrice,
>>>>>
>>>>>It would seem that the answer is right there on the page you
>>>>>referenced. You can script a change to that registry entry via the
>>>>>Cygwin regtool script. You can do this in an install or
>>>>>post-install script or upon each invocation of your application,
>>>>>providing it's invoked via a script.
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>I can write a script, but then it would require to install cygwin
>>>>and bash (and maybe other things) for the
>>>>end-user, while at the moment I just provide the cygwin.dll. I was
>>>>looking for something that uses the
>>>>cygwin_XXX API.
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>
>>>There is no Cygwin API.  You might be able to do something with
>>>/proc/registry eventually.  Of course, you can always use Win32 APIs.
>>>      
>>>
>>If I try to change the /proc/registry/.. ../Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb
>>file, it is an Administrator owned file and cannot be overwritten by
>>a user. Is the /proc/registry directory created each time a cygwin
>>program starts? 
>>    
>>
>
>No. It's a virtual directory. It's also read only. Use regtool.
>
>Max.
>  
>
Is there any other way around without installing cygwin (I mean just having
cygwin1.dll of course) and without using regedit to do the job?

fabrice

-- 
========================================================================
Fabrice Marchal           http://www.inf.ethz.ch/~fmarchal 
fabrice.marchal@ieee.org  fmarchal@inf.ethz.ch        +41-(0)1-632-56-79
ETH Zurich, Computational Science and Engineering FAX:+41-(0)1-632-17-03
========================================================================




--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list