javac on cygwin

David P. Caldwell inonit@inonit.com
Mon Jan 13 02:54:00 GMT 2003

Kevin:

>Ok, I've searched for articles on getting a java
>compiler working on cygwin. I got very vague info.

>I've got the java JDK 1.4.1 from java.sun.com. Now
>what do I do?

Not sure what your background is, so I'm not sure how to answer.  Right now,
you could be someone who doesn't know Java, someone who doesn't know Cygwin,
someone who doesn't know UNIX ... so without sitting down and writing a
script that would satisfy all three audiences (a combined Java/Cygwin/UNIX
tutorial), I can't really answer your question.

You might want to check out

http://www.inonit.com/cygwin/

Perhaps you can let us know specifically what you've tried and what happened
so that we can assess your situation more accurately.

-- David.