help for compiling problem!

Vince Hoffman Vince.Hoffman@uk.circle.com
Mon Jan 13 03:04:00 GMT 2003

Not being much of a programmer let alone a Cygwin developer i'm not realy
the best person to answer... but as Cygwin aims to be a POSIX layer for
windows i would guess that the definitive guide should be
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/
However It seems people also expect the full range of BSD and Linux (and
maybe a few other OS's) specific function also ;) .
	I agree it would be "Better" to just add functionality but if no
one's has needed it enough to inplement it then it wont be there as this is
an open source project and I doubt that many if indeed any of the people on
this list are being paid to develop for cygwin.

	Basicly if Cygwin doesnt do something you'd like it to, either ask
for it and hope someone else wants/feels like adding that functionality, or
else if you need/want it that badly then add it yourself.

just my 1.24 pence (approx 2 cents)
vince