[Mingw-users] Re: Solving the "relink exe's" libtool problem

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 03:30:00 GMT 2003

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Hmmm...now there's a thought.  Perhaps, perhaps...
>
> Said "stub" executable would have to do ALL of the things the script
> does, and then pass that environment to its exec'ed target in .libs/ --
> does native windows provide an exec() command?  Environment inheritance?
>  You'd probably need different source code for the stub, depending on
> the platform... if buildhost == posixy, then exec() is our friend;
> otherwise, nasty native Windows code...

Yes MSVCRT.DLL contains both exec and spawn sets of functions.  Yes the
parent environment is inherited by the child.  So, the stub should be
able to work for either environment.

> Unfortunately, I can't work on that right now; my available time just
> went to zero. :-(

Sorry to hear that. :(

Earnie.