less-378-1 : ANSI escape sequences in perldoc output

lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com
Mon Jan 13 21:54:00 GMT 2003

Well, as it turns out, the email archives aren't your friend.  They
are your enemy!  Chris Faylor was kind enough to poin this out to
me:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-01/msg00528.html>

But seriously, I'm guessing it was fat fingers on my part, unless someone's
written a new shuffle routine for the email archives.  But then again, maybe
they have.  Using the cygwin.com search of the email archives just now to
verify the pointer has shown *something* is amiss at least.  Searching for
'perldoc' in January returns:

Christopher Faylor - Re: less-378-1 : ANSI escape sequences in perldoc
output****
 Re: less-378-1 : ANSI escape sequences in perldoc output * From:
Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com> * To: cygwin at cygwin dot
com * Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:41:11 -0500 * Subject: Re: less-378-1 :
ANSI escape sequences in perldoc output * References:
<123820-220031510155251826 ...
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-01/msg00511.html 2003-01-10, 4940
bytes

However, following the link to msg00511.html doesn't correlate:

Re: Header File Package