xinted rsync bluescreen

Dan Holmsand dan@eyebee.com
Mon Jan 13 22:59:00 GMT 2003

Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> AFAICT the handle is opened when starting cygwin and is inherited by
> child processes. It is used in a WaitForSingleObject call.
> The purpose is to rescan /etc/{passwd,goup} after changes.
> It's unlikely to be a coincidence, given the previous e-mails!

That seems to be it!  [touching wood]

I added a "return 0" at the top of init_cygheap::etc_changed() (so that
the whole FindFirstChangeNotification/DuplicateHandle business never
happens). So far, no crashes - despite my best efforts running chkconfig
rsync on/off, /sbin/telinit 3/1.

Thanks for the hint!

/dan