Move to Windows Recycle Bin instead of deleting

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed Jan 15 04:38:00 GMT 2003

Ralf,

Please keep the discussion on the list so other people have access to this
information and opportunity to share their experience.  That "Reply-To:"
is there for a reason.

It's quite possible that something like this would happen.  It makes sense
that some sort of versioning is used for the deleted files.  There might
also be a difference between recycle bins on NTFS and FAT32 filesystems.

I should probably have added a disclaimer that the script below is
untested, as I, myself, don't use this kind of trick.  The next place to
look would probably be MSDN (<http://msdn.microsoft.com/>)...  You might
even need to resort to using rundll32 and calling a function that erases
the file.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
	Igor
P.S. I don't know Michael Steiner, sorry.

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune