cygrunsrv and apache

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Jan 16 18:24:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:

> > you should be checking what /var/log/apache/error_log is reporting.
>
> Sorry for the late reply. The error_log contains the usual startup/shutdown
> messages and nothing serious that would indicate that apache is not
> operating correctly.
>
> > Another option is the module rebasing clash. But you said you can
> > start it from shell by hand, with the same setup, right?!
>
> The fact that apache functions normally from the shell leads me to believe
> that this is not a dll base issue as the only time I recieve an error (and
> nothing more) is when I start apache through the service manager. Like I
> said previously I have the log file(s) and log dir are owned by system with
> write permission, also the modules are owned by system (the SYSTEM user). If
> I change this there is no effect and I still recieve error 1062.
>
> To install the service I used this:
>
>   $ cygrunsrv -I httpd -p /usr/sbin/httpd -d "CYGWIN httpd" \
>   > -a '-k' -e "CYGWIN=binmode ntsec ntea"
>
> My user and group database files are all up-to-date and I can't think of
> anything else this can be :/
>
> Elfyn
> elfyn@exposure.org.uk

Elfyn,

Just for kicks, did you try starting Apache from a SYSTEM-owned shell?
I posted instructions on how to get one to this list a couple of months
ago.  It'd be interesting to know whether it works.  Certainly would
eliminate some variables from the equation (i.e., the username).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune