Installation

Scott Taylor scott.taylor@4i-dotcom.com
Thu Jan 16 19:07:00 GMT 2003

I seem to have the basic packages and directories installed, but I have
ended up with 2 additional directories labelled with the name of the mirror
site I used (think I attempted download more than once).

i.e.

bin
etc
ftp mirror site
ftp mirror site
home
lib
tmp
usr
var

In the ftp directories I have the same files that are in /etc/setup, but
instead of them being lst.gz files they are tar.bz2. I can use the CLI to
view the directories with "ls -l" but not run commands like "locate".

The /bin directory seems to have all the executables, and my PATH statement
has C:\cygwin\bin.

Please help

Scott