PATCH -u Re: BUG Report : automake on cygwin is acting up on --srcdir-name=.

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 17 19:30:00 GMT 2003

/usr/bin/automake is a generated script.  If you wish to submit a patch,
download the source archive submit a patch against that (Note that each
"final" script is built from fragments, where it takes two separate
fragments to implement a new option).

However, all I see in your patch is adding two new options "--build-dir"
and "--srcdir-name".  Why?  What problem is the lack of these options
causing?  Which versions of automake (the real automake) introduced
these options?  Why are these options asymmetrical -- shouldn't you have
"--srcdir-name and --builddir-name" or "--build-dir and --src-dir" (or
is that a question more properly directed to the automake list?)

Basically, regardless of the fact that I cannot use your patch in the
source distribution for automake (wrappers), you haven't given me a
reason to even try to add these new features.

--Chuck