[Mingw-users] Re: Solving the "relink exe's" libtool problem[take3]

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 21 08:26:00 GMT 2003

>>easy enough.  But what's the best way to use "the shell"?  Do a unquoted
>>replacement (<<EOF, not <<"EOF") e.g.
>
> Yes.
>
> Somewhere, buried in the configury stuff is an environment
> variable named something like, "CONFIG_SHELL".  That's what
> you want.  If it is not available, then imitating the techniques
> used to obtain it by configure should be used.

But lt-foo.c is created by the libtool script itself -- and libtool
already knows that $SHELL == /bin/sh or /bin/bash or whatever.  libtool
uses the same method I described when creating the shell wrapper:

         $echo > $output "\
#! $SHELL
# $output - temporary wrapper script for $objdir/$outputname

So I really don't need to worry about $CONFIG_SHELL or imitating
configure, do I?  I can just use $SHELL.

--Chuck